At Kingsbury Green All parents and carers are equally valued as part of our school community.
We know that children’s learning is improved when we work in partnership with their parents or carers. We therefore believe in close cooperation with all families, and seek to work in partnership with all parents and carers keeping them fully informed of their children’s achievements and the workings of the school. When challenges arise, we seek first to understand in order that we can maintain a positive working relationship with families.
We aim to:
- support parents, and carers, as their children’s first and most important educators.
- enable and develop all staff to form strong professional relationships with parents, making them feel welcome and valued.
- present a set of consistent attitudes/standards of work and behaviour between home and school.
- encourage and enable all parents and carers to be involved in children’s learning and the life of the school, in a range of contexts.
- enable problems or issues to be shared, and solutions found through discussion.
Through seeking the views of our whole school community we have developed a Family School Partnership Policy with following five themes at as the levers for success.
- Theme 1: Fostering effective family-school partnerships
- Theme 2: Communicating & consulting effectively
- Theme 3: Enabling parental engagement in learning
- Theme 4: Empowering parents and carers to develop their own skills
- Theme 5: Supporting successful transitions
You can read our whole policy HERE
Who to Talk to and When