In seeking to join Kingsbury Green Primary school you are demonstrating your ambition to join us on our journey to World Class status. This new role in our school will be instrumental in delivering our 4 year vision for the arts and in inspiring, motivating and challenging our children to excel in new and exciting ways
Here we think deeply about pedagogy and children’s learning and look for spirit in all our staff in order to offer and deliver learning and care in a holistic and heartfelt way. Our Art and Design teacher will confidently build a distinctive and bold vision for the arts at KGPS.
We strive to give children important and meaningful experiences aspiring all the time to develop in ourselves and children the values of empathy, agility and hard work. We want this to include working with a range of artists and multi-media, creating beautiful work that reaches out to and includes our community
We recruit staff who want to make a difference, who are creative, show initiative and are keen to lead. We look after our staff well-being and professionally grow everyone giving myriad opportunities to develop craft and skill.
To be sure this is the school for you here are a few things that are at our heart, if you align then read on …
• We seek first to understand, build trust to treasure professional, meaningful relationships; between staff, staff and children, children and children
• We believe that truly great teaching is what improves children’s progress and that it is all our responsibility to make great teaching happen
• We believe every child can achieve very well from whatever their starting point and that it is the role of staff to present learning in such a way that they will learn
• We believe teaching is a craft and an apprenticeship - honed with dedication, sweat and “stickability”
• We believe in the limitless potential of people
• We believe this school has a duty and responsibility to provide staff and children with the right conditions to grow
• We believe that feedback to pupils and each other should be timely and precise.
• We believe hard work and pride in a job done well (especially when no one is watching) brings joy and is the key to lifelong success
• We believe in staying positive and in being kind to each other
• We believe we all learn from mistakes and that giving and receiving feedback s how we grow individually and as an organisation
Find out more by:
• Visiting our website www.kingsburygreenprimaryschool.brent.sch.uk or arrange a visit to the school (we strongly advise that you visit the school).
• Making an application via Bhavna Bhudia on 0208 204 6423 or email@example.com
Closing date: 21st May 2018 @ noon
Interviews: 23rd or 24th May 2018
Kingsbury Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment.
References will be taken up for all short-listed candidates prior to interview. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from both men and women of all ages from any background and from candidates with disabilities.